Corbin Bleu is an American celebrity artist who performs as a professional dancer, actor, singer, model and songwriter. He was born Corbin Bleu Reivers in 1989, and he has always been attracted to the music and film industry. Although he has been active in the music industry for years now, he has only truly gained notoriety after the release of Disney films High School Musical. He has starred in many Disney productions, including TV series Flight 29 Down, or the movie “Jump In!”. In addition to him being an actor, he has also released a music album in 2007, called “Another Side”, which has hit #36 in the Billboard charts. His second album was also released in the spring of 2009. Here’s a quick look at Corbin Bleu’s celebrity career so far:
- in 1989, a four year old Corbin Bleu was signed to Ford Modeling Agency, and started appearing in many commercials, such as those for Macy’s, the Gap, Macy’s or Life cereal. By 1995 he was making his stage debut with the “Tiny Tim Is Dead” play.
- in 1996, Bleu appeared in his first ever TV show, the famous “ER”. He stars in one scene opposite George Clooney.
- in 2004, Corbin stars in “Catch That Kid”, a veritable “Ocean’s Eleven” for kids.
- in 2005, just one year later, he appeared in “Flight 29 Down” – “the teen version of Lost”, a show that’s all about a group of high-schoolers that survived a plane wreck.
- his stardom really came in 2006, when Bleu was signed on as one of the leading roles in High School Musical. His character, Chad Danforth, is best friend to Zac Efron’s main character. It was this show that propelled him and his colleagues to new levels of stardom.
- the following year, Bleu is back in another Disney production – “Jump In!”, where he plays a boxer opposing his father. In the same year, Bleu released his debut album, which did well in the charts and was greatly appreciated by fans. Also that year he released High School Musical 2, an equally successful sequel to the previous year’s blockbuster.
- in 2008, Corbin Bleu got back together with his colleagues from the set of High School Musical to film the third and final part of the series, “High School Musical 3: Senior Year”. The long-awaited third part did very well at the box office, and it was the first one to feature a duo between himself and Zac Efron (who plays his best friend on the show). The show and the celebrity actors received an incredible amount of media exposure, making them even more famous and loved by fans.
- in 2009, Corbin Bleu has started to carry on his post-HSM life, with the release of his second album, “Speed of Light”, in March. He also starred in a drama produced by Ashton Kutcher, but it turned out that the show was extremely short lived, as it was canceled not long after its release.
This article was sponsored by listofpokersites.com Web portal for Pokerstars.